Monday, July 30, 2007

A letter to Gandalf

17 Plynlimon
Fendalton 8052
Christchurch

24th July

Dear Gandalf
My name is Juliette Phillipson, I go to Fendalton school in Christchurch and some of the people in my class are reading “The Hobbit” and we have decided to ask the characters some questions.
How did you become such a fantastic wizard? And if you really are as great as they say, why couldn’t you save Thorin or kill the dragon or just take the treasure with magic?
Now that I’ve finished the book I know why they call you such a great wizard but why didn’t you continue with them through the forest? What if something happened? You were my favourite character in the story although I did quite like the dwarves, which of them was your favourite? Mine was probably Balin because he was really nice to Bilbo. How did you know that Bilbo would be able to help? And why did you chose him out of all the wizards, dwarves, elves and hobbits in middle earth?
If you can, please write back and answer my questions.
Yours faithfully,
Juliette

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remember the rule about last names on blogs and websites please.

Rob ;-)